Digital signage is popping up everywhere – from airports, to restaurants, schools, hospitals, malls, offices and many other building lobbies. Among the many types of digital signage solutions that we see and interact with everyday, digital directories are becoming a particularly popular choice for many businesses. Digital directories are a simple solution that can improve the efficiency and organization of any lobby, building entrance or busy hub, while also providing an updated, modern look and feel.
Introduction to Digital Directories
A digital directory is comprised of three main components: a screen, a media player and digital signage software. The primary purpose of a digital directory is to get your customers or visitors where they want to go, which can be done by displaying your building tenant listings along with any key information (floor, room number, office hours, contact information, etc.). You can even add arrows to point your visitors in the right direction. Furthermore, with a digital directory, there are plenty of opportunities to get creative. For example, how about adding an engaging welcome message at the top of the screen to help create a warm, positive atmosphere?
Benefits of Going Digital
There are so many benefits of going digital with your building directories, including but certainly not limited to the following:
- Ability to incorporate more creative, engaging content.
- Wayfinding, pointing your visitors in the right direction.
- Scalable as your business grows.
- Able to update and make changes within a matter of minutes.
- Availability of solutions for people with accessibility needs – easily stay up-to-date with ADA compliance regulations and changes.
- Can be configured to display information in multiple languages.
- Cost-efficient compared to constantly updating a traditional directory.
- A more sleek, modern and professional look for your business!
Digital Building Directories & Digital Lobby Directories
If you are considering a digital building directory for your business, here are a few tips to get you started:
- The location and placement of the directory is key! The directory is most likely needed in the area of your building with the most foot traffic, typically the building entrance, front desk, waiting room or elevator. The digital directory can be mounted on a wall, hosted on a free-standing kiosk, or even mounted outdoors.
- Keep the content readable, concise and simple to avoid overwhelming or confusing your customers.
- Be sure someone on your team is responsible for ensuring the content is always accurate and up-to-date.
- Get creative! How can a digital directory be used to add value to your specific type of business? What extra information would be most helpful to your clients or tenants?
Designing and Installing a Digital Directory for Your Business
To ensure that your business explores and takes advantage of all the possibilities of digital signage, including digital directories, be sure to consult with a professional digital signage company like EcoDigital Media. We offer clients around the world with a vast array of digital signage services and solutions, specifically designed to suit many different industries.
Don’t delay, get with the times today! Start by contacting us to schedule your complimentary consultation.