There’s no doubt about it: technology is rapidly changing our education systems, affecting both the methods of teaching and the way that students learn. Today, more than 90% of classrooms in the United States use computers, incorporating much more engaging, visual content than previous generations. This transition is certainly effective, especially when you consider the fact that the human brain processes images 60,000 times faster than text, and 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual. By incorporating tools like digital signage at your school or university, you can extend the use of innovative technology beyond the walls of the classroom to improve the overall network and management of your institution.
Introduction to Digital Signage for Schools
Digital signage is becoming more and more popular in schools and universities across the country, and for good reason. Digital signage tools such as digital bulletin boards can:
- Transmit up-to-date information more quickly and immediately to your community, staff and/or students and improve overall communication.
- Maximize the management and efficiency of your administrative or internal systems.
- Better engage your students, generate enthusiasm and build school spirit with dynamic and interactive content.
- Build a stronger sense of community and encourage students to participate more actively.
- Automate the dissemination of information, saving you money and time in the long-run.
- And so much more!
Jump Start Learning with a Digital Bulletin Board
Digital bulletin boards are one of the most popular choices for digital signage in schools. One of the biggest challenges for schools is coordinating schedules and getting everyone (students, teachers, substitutes, volunteers) to the right place at the right time. Digital billboards are an innovative and efficient solution to the classic bulletin boards full of paper flyers and important notices that can easily be missed in the shuffle. Going digital allows for more centralized and clear communication that can be refreshed or updated with just a few clicks. Digital bulletin boards make a great addition to your administrative offices, teacher lounges and student hubs.
More School Signage Opportunities
Below are just a few creative ways that schools are incorporating digital signage in addition to digital bulletin boards:
- Digital schedules to reserve and book classrooms, meeting rooms and study rooms. Digital schedules can also be integrated with smartphones so that students and staff can access them easily and automatically reserve rooms.
- Going digital for menus in the school cafeteria. These can incorporate nutrition guides and help promote healthy eating habits.
- Digital campus news bulletins to make announcements, promote upcoming events, and highlight school and student achievements.
- Digital galleries of student artwork or research projects.
- Social media integration to encourage engagement, participation and sharing of news and updates.
Recap of Digital Signage for Schools
Digital signage for schools presents endless opportunities for communication, management and FUN! Younger generations are more and more fluent in technology, and learning institutions should adapt with the times to maximize student engagement and learning. To get started, request a free consultation with our experienced EcoDigital Media team. We will walk you through a range of immersive digital signage solutions that will position your school and your students for success!